The KRPF and the KRPF Police Board recognize our employees as our greatest asset. As such, we are committed to recruiting and retaining highly qualified individuals to help achieve the KRPF mission, vision and strategic priorities.
MISSION - To work in partnership with the communities we serve to improve the quality of life by ensuring the order, security, peace and safety of the citizens of the towns of Quispamsis and Rothesay, NB.
KRPF is currently operating with a full complement of full-time police constables.
However, we are continually seeking qualified candidates for term and casual police constable positions at KRPF when/if required.
Competitive and successful applicants are highly motivated, positive individuals who thrive in a challenging team-based environment. They have a positive work history, are professional, and strive for excellence in policing. They demonstrate commitment to community through engagement, partnership, innovation, and leadership. They are honest and accountable, caring, respectful and inclusive, and are passionate about serving and protecting all community members.
The Staffing Process
All appointments to KRPF shall be based on merit and filled through a competitive process in a manner in keeping with the KRPF Competency Based Management policy as well as all applicable Canadian and provincial legislation.
The staffing process for police constable positions will include but not be limited to:
- Constable Application Process (Link below)
- Values-based Written Assignment
- Background and Security Clearance
- Integrity / Suitability Interview
- Panel Interview
- Psychological Assessment
- Structured Reference Checks
- Education & Experience: Must be a successful graduate of recognized police training academy. Further consideration will be given to post-secondary education above and beyond the required police training. Previous policing experience is desirable but not required.
- Past Performance: Includes volunteer work, previous employment experience, professional recommendations, and performance evaluations from previous employers (police or non-police).
- Requirements: Candidates must successfully complete all stages of the staffing process. They must be security cleared and meet the requirements for appointment as a police officer in accordance with the New Brunswick Police Act, Regulation 91-498; provide proof of successful completion of the Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE); meet the requirements of psychological testing; and participate in a competency-based panel interview.
- Ethical Standards: Candidate must meet high ethical standards both on duty and off duty. Background checks and integrity interviews will be completed.
Diversity and Inclusion:
KRPF is committed to providing a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our shared responsibility to prevent and eliminate harassment in the workplace.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
We are not accepting applications for full time employment at this time.
For Term or Casual positions, you will find additional information and all application instructions in the Term/Casual Constable Application Package
Submit your application ONLY when you feel you have met all the eligibility criteria.
For more information please contact the KRPF Manager of Human Resources at:
Or via email at: