Mission, Vision, Values & Strategic Priorities
To work in partnership with the communities we serve to improve the quality of life by ensuring the order, security, peace and safety of the citizens of the towns of Quispamsis and Rothesay, NB.
Excellence in policing services achieved through community commitment, partnerships, innovation, and leadership.
Our Core Values
- Pursuit of Excellence
Our Strategic Priorities
During 2018, the Kennebecasis Regional Police Force undertook an extensive internal and external consultation process in formulating a set of long-term strategic priorities. Those priorities have been identified as:
- Employee Wellness: KRPF and the KRPF board of Police Commissioners recognize that the employees who serve with KRPF are its greatest asset. The organization and the employees who comprise it, will continually strive to provide a healthy workplace, free of harassment, based upon mutually agreed upon core values, and every individual’s commitment to maintaining positive and productive workplace relationships. We collectively recognize that police work is stressful and in response KRPF will be leaders in providing training, programs, services, and policies that foster and promote operationally capable and resilient employees with a strong commitment to physical and emotional well-being.
- Youth: KRPF recognizes the Youth of Rothesay and Quispamsis represent the future of our communities and our society. In making youth a strategic priority, KRPF will strive to be progressive, focused on evidence based approaches within enforcement, prevention, and/or educational settings. We recognize Youth face unique challenges and many have risk factors present in their lives and environment that can prevent them from being successful in life. We will work in partnership with our Youth and with our partners in the community in seeking not to over-criminalize Youth while pursuing prevention and intervention options that address risk factors and are in the best interest of the Youth and the overall safety of our communities.
- Traffic Safety: KRPF will work in partnership with the communities of Rothesay and Quispamsis to pursue evidence based traffic safety and enforcement strategies that are aligned with the needs of the communities and promote and foster safe driving habits in all neighborhoods and roadways throughout our jurisdiction. The priorities of our traffic strategy will be Distracted Driving, Impaired Driving, Speeding, and School zone and Cross walk safety. All employees of KRPF are committed to contributing to ensuring Rothesay and Quispamsis have the safest roads in the country.
- Excellence and Innovation in Investigations, Crime Reduction, and Crime Prevention: KRPF will work in partnership with the community to ensure that Rothesay and Quispamsis remain among the safest places in Canada in which to live. We will be leaders and innovators in all aspects of police operations, and be proactive, intelligence-led, community oriented, evidence based, and accountable in our crime prevention and reduction efforts. We will ensure our preventative efforts and our police response excel when the most vulnerable in our society are victimized, particularly victims of Intimate Partner Violence, those struggling with mental health issues, and our senior citizens. Our operational approach will be intelligence-led and focused on working in an integrated manner with our policing and public safety partners towards ensuring the highest quality of policing services and the overall health and safety of our communities.
- Connection to our Communities: Consistent with our core values, the KRPF will deliver policing services in a manner that meets or exceeds the expectations of our communities with an aim to maximize community safety, the quality of life of all citizens, and value for money invested by taxpayers.